Saturday, January 14, 2006

redskins not going to superbowl.

Awwhhh... I'm real disappointed on this. They never should have kicked that missed field goal; they should have just gone for it on fourth down instead of trying to kick a field goal. Gibbs showed his balls earlier in the game when he went for it on fourth down instead of punting, why didn't he do the same when the team was in the red zone, when it really mattered? This continues the awful trend which the redskins routinely exhibit whereby they loose momentum during the third and fourth quarters of games. I thought that we were perhaps beyond that and the skins were in fact capable of sustaining a credible effort during the second half. and for awhile I thought that that was the case. But after I saw that failed field goal fly left of the uprights I knew at that point that our playoff hopes were spent and that we'll have to wait for the next season for a chance at the super bowl. Oh well. I will always love the redskins; they are my team through thick and thin. Once we have captured the Vince Lombardi trophy for another time, which will be a sweet day truly for all of us in DC. I tell ya, beating Dallas and Philly twice during the regular season as soooooooo sweet! I was there at FedEx field to witness in person the first Philly victory and it was quite awesome. Redskins’ football is crazy to watch. I can't believe that we put the hurt on Alexander so hard that he couldn't play anymore and after that they still lost. Oh well. I guess there's always next year.

I really hope that the bears go on to the super bowl. I think that they have a decent chance of defeating the panthers, which I truly detest.

Ya, know, I am very optimistic for next season. Joe Gibbs is 16-5 in the post season and he will certainly carry us to victory in the future. For he is our Joan of Arc, our Pancho Villa, our George Washington and our Richard the Lionhart. We’ll be back, for shizzle ma nizzle.

No comments: