Tuesday, January 03, 2006

MARX is on tonite!


Yeah, first Tuesday at MARX for the 06! 3203 Mount Pleasent Street, I'll be playing from 11-12. I'm psyched, got some new tunes and no money. No free drinks on me tonight. I really hate banks. In this day and age it's ridiculous that I have to wait till Wachovia’s computers "update" (whatever the fuck that means). Since I made my deposit on Saturday, not a "business day", my account wont reflects the new money until tonight, sometime after midnight. Is it too risky to start running up a large bar tab, on the chance that I'll actually be able to pay it after the money hopefully clears? Yup, that's how we do things here. So at 2am tonight when I go to clear out my tab and the check card bounces on what will probably be at least $60. What do I do then? I don't know, hopefully I won't have to find out.

I really think this business day thing is a scam by the banks, or they need to overhaul their data infrastructure. Is there really any practical reason why a bank ever needs to close? I don't necessarily mean the brick n' mortar bank, as it would hardly make sense to staff the counters at all hours of the night, but shouldn't the electronic machinery keep the books open? If someone wires me money from somewhere remote it would be nice to see that reflected on an ATM receipt a couple of minutes later. I guess I’m asking for too much, it’s enough that every 5th deposit isn’t lost outright, without the bank employees managing to correctly spell their own last names. I realize that this problem isn’t limited to just Wachovia, that just happens to be my financial institution of choice. Although I have been thinking of switching to PNC, maybe I should capitalize on this groundswell of frustration I’m feeling here and switch banks. Like I said I would expect the same performance from any other bank, but if I were to change banks I could ad that to my growing list of 06 accomplishments, it’s called “Things I should have done last year”. Oops, time to get back to work.

Oh yeah, mention my blog and get a free drink, maybe.

No comments: