Friday, April 28, 2006

I got the car!

I got the car last night, and it's in better cosmetic shape than I thought it would be. Still alot of work however, electrical system is going to be fun sorting out, there are a couple of loose connections in the engine compartment. And the worst thing happened during shipping. Some heavy handed jack nut managed to break the key off in the ignition, WTF!?!! I contacted the shipping company, DAS, so hopefully they will fix it. An unexpected hangup for sure. So I wasn't able to see if the engine will crank at all, but seeing as there are several loose fittings inside the engine bay, perhaps it wouldn't have been the best idea to try and see if it'll start just yet. i neeed to replace all the hoses and belts, fluids, etcc... before trying to run the engine. but the cars a straight looker though! I'm amazed at the number of orginal parts still on the car, the headlamps, interior trim peices. The car is a true survivor w/ only 28K miles showing on the odometer, well you never know with these cars, but looking at the under carriage reveals a derth of pitting, road damage, etc.. It's easy to tell the car hasn't been abused at all during its 32 year life span.

I also got a chance to look at all the spare parts i ordered, all $2,014 worth! the new top is kind of an ugly light tan, wasn't counting on that, I was hoping that it would match the biscuit interior that I ordered but i may end up using it as is after all, we'll have to wait and see how it meshes with the rest of the intierior colors once the seats and carpeting are finished. Which I wont be doing until I get all the electrical issues sorted out, fusebox, wiring, etc.. and I gotta order a mess of new parts as well. fun times ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!