Wednesday, March 29, 2006

very thankful!

I feel like the luckiest guy in DC. What happens at Marx cafe every Tuesday is pure magic, never had a bad night there in the least. I cherish each opportunity as they present themselves. Tonight I got to spin for almost three hours, got compliments on my tracks, and enjoyed the fuck out of every moment. I only had 4 dollars, and still managed to get drunk. What is it with people sending the dj shots!? Not like I’m complaining, tequila X2, some asked me what I'd like and I said jack, and dude was like, word its done. Totally unexpected and entirely appreciated! When I first stepped onto the decks I was following earl who had been playing a solid house set, so I matched him track for track, even surprised myself with a couple of perfectly matched mixes, like whoa where did that come from??Q I’m extremely thankful for the whole experience, the conversation, the booze. As the lights came up I played a cover of an Everything song, "alls quiet" it's a song about dc, and oh so fitting for my last song of the night. I know I have played it before but Earl was like, whoa, what was that?! So for what must be the third time I explained it. Loll. Marx is stepping up though, the new owner has some plans to move the dj booth to the back of the bar and knock down a section of a wall and install a dance floor, a development which I'm super psyched on! Hopefully during the upgrade they’ll get a better mixer in the booth, cause what's there is sorta busted in a way, no cross fader, and whack channel level disparities. Well.... damn what a night! I'm gonna finish this pizza now, adios!

No comments: