Wednesday, March 01, 2006

marx last night

So, yeah, I ended up going to marx after all. It seems that Tuesday's follow a standard formula, I come home from work kinda tired and unruly from the abuse I suffer during the work day. I make a large supper for myself, eat and watch the news, maybe the simpsons or king of the hill, whatevers on really, HGTV, etc.. and invairably I'm falling asleep on the couch in half an hour or less. Then its, "I don't feel like going out tonight, bla blah, etc.. Like it's sooo much effort to get up and out. But something ends up inspiring me to get up and out. This is how it went last nite, it's 9:30 and I'm not feeling up to it, then Pete from the basement comes up and I show him my setup, mixer, cd decks and the like because he has been asking to see it. So I mix through a couple of songs, we open several beers and then I'm like oh shit, it's go time. And I'm out the door. Pete has been lending me his bike to make it up to marx, which has played a large part in getting me out the door. It's not tha far mind you, at all. at most it's a 20 minute walk, but it's sooo much easier just to hop o a bike and make it there in 8 minutes instead. It never seems as cold on the way back for some reason... So in short I'm hella glad that I did make it out last time cause it was rockin' up in thur, and I had some nifty toons to share that were well received, so all is good with what matters up at the marx. Hats off to Mike as well, class act. until next week!

No comments: