Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tuesday night

Well, got some bad news, on Tuesday I didn't get to play records at all, apparently Marx Cafe doesn't have a valid 'entertainment license' from the city of Washington, DC. I had no idea this was the case, I have been playing there for almost three years on Tuesday nights, this is the first time we have had any trouble from the law. Alex, one of the co-owners said that when they bought the business from the previous owners they were required to renew the application as the old paperwork didn't transfer with the business. Well, apparently they never got around to it and now we don't know when we'll be able to play there again. I can't imagine this will be good for Marx Cafe at all as a large part of there business seems to revolve around the different DJ nights they rotate in and out of the weekend slots. Hopefully the matter will be resolved soon. I plan on being there next week, but don't know for sure yet.

No comments: